We are here for you! You can gladly call us at +49 208 44475981 or contact us by filling out our contact form.
If you decide to proceed with the treatment at the LipoClinic, we kindly ask you to consider the following:
- You need a flat-knitted custom-made compression garment in compression class 2. This can be prescribed by your phlebologist or family doctor.
- For treatment, a diagnosis for lipedema must be provided in a written form by an external specialist for lipedema (e.g. a phlebologist or lymphologist)
- For reasons of anaesthesia eligibility, your body weight should be below 130kg. If your weight is higher, we will be happy to advise you on alternative approaches.
At the beginning of the 2000s, Dr. Falk-Christian Heck first came into contact with a previously unknown disease – lipedema. The clinical picture of the affected women was met with neither acceptance nor understanding by the doctors. Even today, in many cases lipedema is still misdiagnosed as overweight or obesity (adiposity). The disease often remains undetected for a long time. Those affected suffer from shame, self-reproach and frustration.
As an experienced surgeon, Dr. Heck developed a completely new and sustainably effective surgical method, the lipedema surgery (lipo-decompression), which
- stops the lipedema
- is a pain-free surgery
- eliminates the need for compression garments
- improves the quality of life
These are still our goals today at the LipoClinic!
Costs of a lipedema liposuction
Since September 2019, health insurance companies have been covering the costs of medical liposuctions for very severe stage III cases. However, patients must meet certain requirements to obtain a coverage by the health insurance. Each patient is different and the treatment at the LipoClinic is individually tailored. The costs for a lipedema surgery therefore depends on the complexity of the surgery and the aftercare required.